One Star

MapReduce Components

Where can I get the list of components that can be included in a MapReduce job in Talend 5.3?
Thanks
Dwanny
7 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: MapReduce Components

Hi Dwanny
When you create a map reduce job, it has its own specific set of components displayed in Palette that can be used in Map Reduce Job.
One Star

Hi anilmca4u,
Thanks for the input. But I wanted to get a list of such components for making a documentation. I dont have the Enterprise Talend 5.3 installed in my machine.
Thanks
Dwanny

Hi,
Please refer to the related forum forum 28659, our DOCT team give a detailed info. Let me know if it is helpful for your document.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi,
Thanks for the input. I was looking for the set of components that are available for me in the palette, while designing a MapReduce job using Talend v5.3 MapReduce Job designer. Is there any location where I can get it?
Thanks
Dwanny
Community Manager

Hi Dwanny,
That's a tricky question.
Here is the result page in the Talend Big Data Component Reference Guide in Talend Help Center based on the keyword: map/reduce.
But the results are slightly misleading as they include some hadoop related components (pig, hive, sqoop) that shouldn't be listed as map/reduce components.
Now I got the exact list of 5.3 map/reduce ready components:
tAggregateRow
tConvertType
tDenormalize
tFilterColumns
tFilterRow
tHBaseInput
tHBaseOutput
tHDFSInput
tHDFSOutput
tJDBCInput
tJDBCOutput
tMap
tNormalize
tReplace
tReplicate
tSchemaComplianceCheck
tSortRow
tUniqRow
tStandardizeRow
This is only for 5.3. More to come for 5.4.
HTH
Elisa
One Star

Hi esabot
Thank you so much..
Dwanny
Community Manager

May I ask you if you're in a processing of considering our Enterprise tool in your company?
What kind of documentation do you want to do with this list?
Cheers,
Elisa