Four Stars

Map input schema with webservice output schema in tmap

Map input schema with webservice output schema in tmap

I am not sure how to do this, my goal is to read output schema from webservice and to be syncd to other component.

I tried to create a job where it reads data from MySQL database and index data into elasticsearch server.
I have created a custom component to index data from input row to elasticsearch server.

My problem now is I would like to map input fields schema to a pre-defined schema which is retrieved via webservice. tMap is used because the output schema field's name is different from input schema.

For example
tMysqlInput -> tMap - > next component

in tMap, output schema to be defined through webservice and field mapping from input to output can be done here, from there to sync the output schema to next component. is this possible to achieve?

• Data Integration
1 REPLY
Ten Stars

Re: Map input schema with webservice output schema in tmap

Hi!

yes, it possible, but of course need little more information about Your Webservice response 

normally web service return JSON or XML data and You use tXMLMap for map to destination structure

but it also could return data as string (same with JSON or XML inside) in this case You need use tJSONParse or tXMLParse components

-----------