Map input schema with webservice output schema in tmap

Five Stars

I am not sure how to do this, my goal is to read output schema from webservice and to be syncd to other component.

I tried to create a job where it reads data from MySQL database and index data into elasticsearch server.
I have created a custom component to index data from input row to elasticsearch server.

My problem now is I would like to map input fields schema to a pre-defined schema which is retrieved via webservice. tMap is used because the output schema field's name is different from input schema.

For example
tMysqlInput -> tMap - > next component

in tMap, output schema to be defined through webservice and field mapping from input to output can be done here, from there to sync the output schema to next component. is this possible to achieve?

Forteen Stars

Re: Map input schema with webservice output schema in tmap

Hi!

yes, it possible, but of course need little more information about Your Webservice response 

normally web service return JSON or XML data and You use tXMLMap for map to destination structure

but it also could return data as string (same with JSON or XML inside) in this case You need use tJSONParse or tXMLParse components

-----------

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog