One Star

Magento and Talend via REST and OAuth

Hi,
is it possible to communicate from Talend to Magento via Magento REST API?
I read that i need for the REST API of Magento OAuth for Authentication.
Did someone try this?
The Talend REST component does not have the ability to use OAuth, i think.
Thanks for your answers.
Benjamin
3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Magento and Talend via REST and OAuth

Hi,
I can see Magento API requires OAuth 1.0 parameters, as opposed to OAuth 2.0.
We can do complex and simple OAuth2 .0 flows (except for the cases where SAML or JWT tokens are required) in the studio but I'm not aware of any explicit support being available for OAuth 1.0.
We have OAuth 1.0 client utilities in CXF so one option is to use either tREST or tRESTClient with tJava sitting in from of tREST and preparing an OAuth 1.0 signature - this is easy enough to do with the utilities, and then tREST would simply pass along HTTP Authorization headers with all OAuth 1.0 parameters listed. Let me know please if you'd like to experiment, see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/rt/rs/security/oauth-parent/oauth/src/main/java/org/apache...
Alternatively you can probably indeed use Magento API client library
HTH, Sergey
One Star

Hi,
I can see Magento API requires OAuth 1.0 parameters, as opposed to OAuth 2.0.
We can do complex and simple OAuth2 .0 flows (except for the cases where SAML or JWT tokens are required) in the studio but I'm not aware of any explicit support being available for  OAuth 1.0.
We have OAuth 1.0 client utilities in CXF so one option is to use either tREST or tRESTClient with tJava sitting in from of tREST and preparing an OAuth 1.0 signature - this is easy enough to do with the utilities, and then tREST would simply pass along HTTP Authorization headers with all OAuth 1.0 parameters listed. Let me know please if you'd like to experiment, see:

Alternatively you can probably indeed use Magento API client library
HTH, Sergey

Hi Sergey,
I am interested in integrating with this client library, however I'm not sure that it comes packaged with my version of Talend Big Data 6.0.1.  
What is the best way to implement OAuth 1.0 signature generation with my version of Talend?
Best,
Channing
One Star

Hi, 
I need to use "access_token" coming from oAuth 2.0.  I tired to use tRest and Authorization: "Bearer  access_token" and I am getting a 403 error. 
Am I a missing something? 
Thanks!