Six Stars

Mac OS w Talend 6.4 -- right-click & drag does not work

[NOTE: Couldn't see another forum where such a question seemed to belong.  A search was not productive.]

Running Talend 6.4.1 on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.  Right-click-and-drag on a component does not work.  The right-click always brings up the context menu no matter what.  The only thing that works is to right-click to bring up the context menu, then select "Rod > Main".  But that will get old, real fast.

An answer to this old post How to link components in jobdesign on MAC OS X says to hold the control key, but I've tried control, option, command and fn -- and every combination of those keys -- and it still just brings up the context menu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: Mac OS w Talend 6.4 -- right-click & drag does not work

OK, I just tested this on a Windows machine. In nearly 10 years of using Talend I have never used this. I honestly don't think you are missing anything. But it probably should be documented if people are looking for it.   

Rilhia Solutions
8 REPLIES

Hello,

Could you please take a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems to see if you are on a compatible platform?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

@xdshi: Yes, this is a Macbook Pro 17" running macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Hello,

Here is a related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888

Could you please check the solution provided in jira issue to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

It is not helpful when I'm directed to check out a story that is "related" only because they both talk about macOS or OS-X.  That story has nothing to do with the issue I reported.

Fifteen Stars

I'm using a MacBook Pro with High Sierra (was previously using Sierra) and have not experienced this....if I understand your issue correctly. I am currently using 6.5, but have just tested 6.4. Simply clicking on the trackpad with 1 finger allows me to drag components (in both 6.4 and 6.5), using 2 fingers is required for the component menu. Am I missing something? The Mac version does have its quirks, but I'm not experiencing this one. Have  you always had this issue? Sometimes (even on Windows) the Studio can get corrupted.

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

@rhall_2_0: Having used Talend for a while now, my muscle memory has adjusted to how this works.  I now feel it is a documentation issue not a defect in the product.

This original post came from going through several of the tutorials which (as noted in the link to the article I included originally) refer to "right-click-and-drag".  However, given that description, it didn't operate as expected.  Rather than "right-click-drag" it is actually "right-click, select option, and drag" -- which, I think, is the same thing you are describing.  And this works fine but given the description, I was expecting different behavior.

Fifteen Stars

OK, I just tested this on a Windows machine. In nearly 10 years of using Talend I have never used this. I honestly don't think you are missing anything. But it probably should be documented if people are looking for it.   

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

I added a bug entry on this...