MYSQL Primary Key

Five Stars

MYSQL Primary Key

Hi guys, im working with the component tAmazonMysqlOutput, and when i try to upload a table to it from one of my excels it asks me for a primary key.

How can i tell the component to generate a row from 1 to whatever number of rows i insert from my excel and use it as a primary key?

Because the columns of the excel im working on dont have an id which i can use for the primary key.

Ty !

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: MYSQL Primary Key

If you don't have a natural pk in your Excel file, you may add one when you read the file using a sequence in a tMap or tJavaRow.

TRF
Five Stars

Can you show me a quick demo or some pics? im new with talend dont know how to do that Smiley Sad

All Replies
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

If you don't have a natural pk in your Excel file, you may add one when you read the file using a sequence in a tMap or tJavaRow.

TRF
Five Stars

Can you show me a quick demo or some pics? im new with talend dont know how to do that Smiley Sad
Thirteen Stars

@gonzalogtzwrote:

Hi guys, im working with the component tAmazonMysqlOutput, and when i try to upload a table to it from one of my excels it asks me for a primary key.

How can i tell the component to generate a row from 1 to whatever number of rows i insert from my excel and use it as a primary key?

Because the columns of the excel im working on dont have an id which i can use for the primary key.

Ty !

would be better, if You first show, HOW it is:

it asks me for a primary key.

?

-----------
Five Stars

I got it, Thanks! Smiley Happy

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.