MSSQl database connection & Talend Data Integration Open Studio

One Star

MSSQl database connection & Talend Data Integration Open Studio

I am unable to successfully connect and retrieve data from MSSQL using Talend Open Studio Data Integration. Now when connecting to the database from Talend the user account that I need to enter what level of permission should that have? I have tried the Sa account but receive the error that Schema is not present in the database. How can I map the user account within MSSQL Server to have the necessary schema permissions to get the metadata information? Additionally all the tables and stored procedures within the database use the convention dbo.availhour, dbo.contact. Does that mean that the schema owner is dbo? What am I doing wrong. What permissions do I need to change within the MSSQL to make this work. Who is supposed to be the schema owner of the table...? Is it supposed to be the account that I am trying to log in with? I have been struggling with this for days now.

Re: MSSQl database connection & Talend Data Integration Open Studio

Hi,
What's your sqlserver authentication? sql server authentication and windows authentication?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have the same problem, i use "windows authentication" !!

Hi hoos,
If you use windows authentication , you need put ntlmauth.dll (library for windows authentication)into
c:\windows\system32 and<Talend Studio install dir>/.
Restart talend product.
Create a DB connections, user and password do not need to fill out, you only have to fill in the database server machines
In addition, if you export the job and deploy it to Tomcat, you need to put ntlmauth.dl in the Tomcat/bin folder.
Let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.