Four Stars

MSSQL 2014, can't connect to DB

Hello

I have a problem connecting with a local SQL Server 2014.

Connecting via SQL Manager using user sa I don't have any problem

Using Talend TOS 6.4.1.and configuring the connection like in "Connection.PNG" I get an error sayng "Access not successful for user sa" (at the end the exception)

Is there anything I should have checked on SQL Server Manager side? Something I should ask our dba to enable?

Thanks for any help you can give me

The exception I get

Connessione fallita. Devi cambiare le impostazioni del database
  java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Accesso non riuscito per l'utente 'sa'. ClientConnectionId:c66b4e08-8b05-4966-b508-58b8ad361ddc
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1095)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
  Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Accesso non riuscito per l'utente 'sa'. ClientConnectionId:c66b4e08-8b05-4966-b508-58b8ad361ddc
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:258)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:256)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:108)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:4290)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:3157)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$100(SQLServerConnection.java:82)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:3121)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7151)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:2478)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:2026)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:1687)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:1528)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:866)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:569)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 9 more

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: MSSQL 2014, can't connect to DB

What you noticed about PM and PM_ it was because I had to mask the customer data... my mistake.

At the end it comes out it's all related to the particular installation the customer did of that SQL 2014. It looked like it worked on 1433... it worked on 1433 for MS native clients, but actually it was dynamic... So we had to configure Talend connector to work on 51899 (I go by memory I could be wrong on the port number, but at the moment I don't have the configuration available).

So at the end it was a mere problem of configuration and a weird message by SQL Server (something like "incorrect port: use dynamic port instead" would have been much appreciated Smiley Happy )

2 REPLIES
Forteen Stars

Do you get access with those configuration settings with another user? If not it *may* be a bug. I notice your database is called "PM_" but the computed connection string is "jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=PM"

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

What you noticed about PM and PM_ it was because I had to mask the customer data... my mistake.

At the end it comes out it's all related to the particular installation the customer did of that SQL 2014. It looked like it worked on 1433... it worked on 1433 for MS native clients, but actually it was dynamic... So we had to configure Talend connector to work on 51899 (I go by memory I could be wrong on the port number, but at the moment I don't have the configuration available).

So at the end it was a mere problem of configuration and a weird message by SQL Server (something like "incorrect port: use dynamic port instead" would have been much appreciated Smiley Happy )