One Star

MS Access ReplicationID cannot be converted into String

Hi,
I'm working with talend and want to migrate some data from an M$ Access(tm) database into postgresql. The job consists of the simple tAccessInput -> tMap -> tPosgresqlOutput components. The problem is that one of the columns in the accessdb is of the type "replication id". After retrieving the schema talend treats the DB type "GUID" as "String".
When I start the job I got the following error message, unfortunately in German:
java.sql.SQLException: Numerischer Wert außerhalb des Gültigkeitsbereichs. bei Spalte 1 (VersionGUID)

A translation could be: numerical value out of (valid) range
First I tried to change the value in talend, but then I get null values from the GUID-column. My workaround was to add an additional (string) column to the access database and updated it via the "StringFromGUID"-Method in Access. Now I can work with that column, but I think this is not the best solution. I tried to use the access functions in the talend query phrase, but this didn't work either. if I'm using the StringFromGUID-Method it say "unknown function", using str() leads to "incompatible data types".
Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: MS Access ReplicationID cannot be converted into String

I'm getting the same issue... did you end up resolving it?
One Star

I'm getting the same issue... did you end up resolving it?

No, I just used my workaround :/
One Star

Does anyone have better answer to this, I'm really stuck.