MISSING DECIMAL VALUES after Talend outputs data from MySQL to Excel

One Star

MISSING DECIMAL VALUES after Talend outputs data from MySQL to Excel

Hi everyone:
I am having an issue with outputting data from my MySQL database to an excel file.  I notice that when Talend runs and uses the SQL query to extract the data from the database, it only shows integer values and not the whole number (including the digits to the right of the decimal).
I ran my MySQL command line terminal and it shows the decimal values just fine, so I am thinking there must be something going on with Talend.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do for Talend to run the query and show the decimal values in the Excel output file.
The field variable is set to float(8,2) so it should the digits to the right of the decimal.

Thanks in advance everyone. Smiley Happy

S. T.
PS: It also does the same thing when I have it output it to a CSV file also. Smiley Sad
Someone please answer my post, this is for a project I am doing at work.
When I open up the file Talend creates it just gives me for example 1783439 instead of 1783439.95.
Thanks.
Six Stars

Re: MISSING DECIMAL VALUES after Talend outputs data from MySQL to Excel

Try using BigDecimal instead of Float. 
One Star

Hi
I did try BigDecimal instead of float but the decimals still don't show up.  What other options are there I can use? Smiley Happy
S.T.
Seventeen Stars

hi,
did you fill length & precision to your decimal field (double or float) ?
ps : float & Double are loosing precision.
Only bigDecimal preserve precision.

no problem with my example !
regards
laurent
One Star

I changed everything on the tMap and including in MySQL to BigDecimal and decimal() and I am still getting truncated values without any decimals.
What else can I do?
Seventeen Stars

thanks to post some screenshoot about your job to explore a little more your process and use of components .
regards
laurent