Loop with Tmap component

One Star

Loop with Tmap component

Hi
I'm currently trying to find a solution to transfert files to a new Outputfile, but with i big work on the data transfered.
I'm actually stuck with this problem:
I need to make a loop within my SQL request. I don't think it is possible to make it happen with Tmap component, but is there any other tool that I could use?
It's hard to explain what I need to do and I don't know if I'm clear but I'm trying !!
Thanks for your help !
One Star

Re: Loop with Tmap component

Hi
I think maybe you want to save all data manipulated in tMap as a cache, right?
But i'm sorry. tMap cannot do that.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi
Is there a componenent that can make a loop on a table and give a result that Tmap can use ?
Thanks for your help !
One Star

Hi
You might try tHashOutput and tHashInput. But these components will save data into memory and cost system resources.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi
How can I work with these components ? I wanto work on my table, for example :
one user may have several dates (so serveral lines in the table) I want to keep the last date in time, how can I do ?
Thanks for your help !
Community Manager

Hi
I wanto work on my table, for example :
one user may have several dates (so serveral lines in the table) I want to keep the last date in time, how can I do ?
Thanks for your help !

I think you need the tAggregateRow component to get the max date group by the user.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Ok thanks, do you haéve any tutorials to help to understand how it works ?
I want to get one date (the latest in time) for each user of the table, so I group by part_adn (user) and try to get the date in question (prm_deb), how should I do ?
I'm trying different things but I don't get it: "Warning:the operation 'max' for the output column 'PRM_DEB' can't be processed because of incompatible input and/or output types"
Thanks for your help !