One Star

Lookup tables in tMap component

Hi there,
I have been using the tMap component to map something from a source spreadsheet to another spreadsheet output. I have also used lookup tables (from a database) in order to look up IDs to map to the target.
The situation is as follows:
I have a source spreadsheet with the street types (ave, blvd, rd, etc) and i want it to look up the ID for each street type in the lookup table, and map the ID to the target spreadsheet. The probelm is that my lookup table has 2 columns, one for French and one for English, and my source spreadsheet only has one column for street type, which French and English names mixed in. How do I do a lookup in this case?
When I try to link the street type column in the source spreadsheet with the French and English street type columns in the lookup table, and map the ID out to the target, it doesn't work.
Basically I just need to do a lookup on two columns instead of one...hope it's not too confusing. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Karen
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: Lookup tables in tMap component

Hi there,
I have been using the tMap component to map something from a source spreadsheet to another spreadsheet output. I have also used lookup tables (from a database) in order to look up IDs to map to the target.
I have a source spreadsheet with the street types (ave, blvd, rd, etc) and i want it to look up the ID for each street type in the lookup table, and map the ID to the target spreadsheet. The probelm is that my lookup table has 2 columns, one for French and one for English, and my source spreadsheet only has one column for street type, which French and English names mixed in. How do I do a lookup in this case?
When I try to link the street type column in the source spreadsheet with the French and English street type columns in the lookup table, and map the ID out to the target, it doesn't work.

Maybe you should do it in two sweeps:
Decide which language is the more important/prevalent and match/update on that column first. This will result in a match and a reject set. Then you could match the rejects on the other column. If there are words still with no matches you can have them in a new reject file. The resulting sets can be saved into files (Save3.jpg). (Append the second language match stream to the first one. See Save2.jpg)
Let me know if you need more details.