Logging

Five Stars

Logging

hello.png

Hi! Is there any alternative way that I can capture these job details and put it in a .csv file rather than viewing it in the activity monitoring console? 

I am trying to explore tStatCatcher component but it gives me two rows in a single job run. I want it to be a single row only and with the same schema as the picture above. Many thanks.

Employee

Re: Logging

Hi,

If you are using a database, the most easy way is to run a select query for the underlying table from the database and then output it to a csv file using a Talend job itself.

You can also give file path as the target for AMC but I would not recommend to use files for long term storage even though theoretically its possible to use AMC in that manner. The reason is that files are more prone to get corrupt compared to DB.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Nine Stars

Re: Logging

Hi,

Have a look at the option available in the File->Edit Project Properties->Job Settings->Stats & Logs. You can enable the various logs, stats & meter to a file. You can even put the path as a context variable as well as part of the file name/path.

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now