Logging with log level

One Star

Logging with log level

Hi All,
In one of my jobs, i am trying to capture the logs based on log level.
Is there any component in TOS for the same.
Currently i am using tAssertCatcher, which doesn't support the above.
Please provide your suggestions.
Regards,
Sam

Re: Logging with log level

Hi,
I think the component tLogCatcher can meet your needs.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your quick reply.
But how do i do it at the job level, as in what i want to do is, i wanna create a single job that has the flexibilty to generate the logs based on what ever job level i set before the execution.
Say for example, I have to create a single job that can run in dev env with log level as info etc & the same job can be run in prod with job level error, just by changing the level at one place.
Regards,
Sam
Community Manager

Hi Sam
You can use the tLog4j components, tLog4j are custom components developed by our community user and shared on Talend Exchange, you can download tLog4j components and example job from Talend Exchage, read the below link to learn how to install custom component into Talend Studio.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installing+a+custom+component&content-lang=en

Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Thanks for your reply. I have started on this.
Need one more help,
I have a scenario, where in when a job is completed, i need to write a success log.
When the next time it is executed the success log should get appended.
How do i do this?
Regards.,
Sam
Community Manager

Hi Shong,
Thanks for your reply. I have started on this.
Need one more help,
I have a scenario, where in when a job is completed, i need to write a success log.
When the next time it is executed the success log should get appended.
How do i do this?
Regards.,
Sam

Check the option 'append' on tFileOutputxxx component which is used for logging.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
i am trying to download the custom components from https://exchange.talend.com/ with my credentials but its showing the below error after login to the given link

Can you please help me on this 
Thanks,
Premchand

Hi Premchand,
Could you please try to use other browsers to see if it works? We can login talend exchange portal successfully without error from our side.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I tried with multiple browser but getting the same issue.
Is there any other way to download or to resolve that issue ?
Thanks,
Premchand

Hi Premchand,
Have you tried to clear your browser's cookies?
Which custom component do you want to download? Can you successfully install a custom component from talend studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--