Log progress of tasks

Highlighted

Log progress of tasks

Hello everyone,
I have a "super" job that runs 7 or 8 subjobs, and all together it takes like 30 minutes to run everything (as expected).
This job is to run outside talend studio so i wanted a way to log the progress of the tasks of each job (to the console or file) similar to what talend studio does when we run a job.

I have tried tStatisticsCatcher but it doesnt give much info about the current progress.
tFlowmeterCatcher forces me (i think) to add a tFlowMeter after almost every component.
Does anyone has any ideia about what is the better aproach to do this?

Re: Log progress of tasks

Hi,
Have a look at TalendHelpCenter:Logs & Errors components in talend.
Usually tStatisticsCatcher and tFlowmeterCatcher will record begin Time, End Time and the number of rows processed in the defined flow. You need both of them in your job if your requirement is to log the progress of the tasks of each job.
For Talend Enterprise Subscription Version, there is Real time statistics in Talend Administration Center.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi,
Have a look at TalendHelpCenter:Logs & Errors components in talend.
Usually tStatisticsCatcher and tFlowmeterCatcher will record begin Time, End Time and the number of rows processed in the defined flow. You need both of them in your job if your requirement is to log the progress of the tasks of each job.
For Talend Enterprise Subscription Version, there is Real time statistics in Talend Administration Center.
Best regards
Sabrina

Thank you very much Sabrina.

Hi,
Is it sufficient for your case? Don't hesitate to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.