One Star

Log file

Hi everyone,
In TOS there are various methods of error logging and there are different components to catch the errors. What i have implemented is a log catcher for each jobs. Tlogcatcher->tmap->tfileoutputdelimited. In the file name path i have mentioned the location and .csv format. But what my requirement is i need to capture how many records are inserting in the db and if any error generated i need to capture it in .log file. I tried to change the extension of log files from. Csv to .log but a text file is generated. I tried to change the project setting in which Log4j is available but i couldn't find the check box for enabling it. Whether there are any other components to capture the errors lik Log4j if so how to implement in jobs. I'm using TOS DI 5.6.2.my output db is postgreSQL. I tried to load custom components for Log4j but it is not displaying in palette.
2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Log file

Replace your tfileoutputdelimited with a tfileoutputraw and you can name the extension whatever you would like. In addition you should have the embedded project logging located in the following path that should have information regarding failures:
<Talend Installation Path>\workspace\.metadata
One Star

Re: Log file

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. I checked the path Talend Installation Path>\workspace\.metadata and i found log files for some jobs in a single file. That was helpful. But those files are too in text file. I changed the extention of the tFileoutputRaw to .log. A text file is generated. Can you explain the embedded project logging or any link. And Whether i need to install custom component (Log4j) for generating the .log file for my logcatcher output. Or without the Log4j is it possible to generate it.