Four Stars AB
Four Stars

Loading variable schema in Open Studio

Hi, I'm fairly new to Open Studio so apologies if this is a rookie question.

I've read a number of posts about working with Dynamic schemas in the commercial version, however, I'm using TOS and not sure if the commercial version would address the data structure I need to load. 

I have a source database that has data in this format

Users table

User ID

First Name

Last Name

etc

User Profile Field table - used to define custom fields for a user

Field ID

Field Name

Datatype

Length

User Profile Data table - based on above custom fields store the data for each user

UserID

FieldID

Data

I have a known subset of the custom fields I need to load for each user. Can I get some advice on how to structure this job in TOS?

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Loading variable schema in Open Studio

Hello,

Talend dynamic schema functionality will be available in Talend subscription version not open source, which allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).

Please take a look at this article about:https://community.talend.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Development/How-to-process-changing-data-structure/t...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars AB
Four Stars

Re: Loading variable schema in Open Studio

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your reply but as I mentioned I'm using TOS and not the commercial version so I'm looking for a way to achieve this in TOS.

Thanks,

Andrew