Loading encrypted password using tcontextload

One Star

Loading encrypted password using tcontextload

Hi,
I have saved database connection params into properties file using tcontextdump. The password param has the password type (not string), so it is masked with **** in the file.
I tried to load these params using tcontextload component and got an error saying "wrong user or password", it seems that it is due to the fact the password is encrypted. I tested with password as string and it is working.
Does it mean that if i want to use tcontextload from a properties file, the password should in clear text ?
Thank you for your help
Best Regards
Seventeen Stars

Re: Loading encrypted password using tcontextload

Unfortunately the password decryption only takes place in case of the Job loads the context properties as internal file - means it does not work in the implicit context load. You can of course create a routine to achieve the same.
One Star

Thank you jlolling,
So for example, when i have a group context with database connection parameters, i have to dump context this way:
1) tcontextdump---->tjavarow (using encrypt routine with if statement on the password parameter)---->tfileproperties
And load the context this way:
2)tfileproperties ---->tjavarow (using decrypt routine with if statement on the password parameter)---->tcontextload
Is this the best way to encrypt the password ?
Thank you for your advice
Best Regards
One Star

Hi Jlolling,
I also wanted to know why one should encrypt password using tcontextdump  as specified here==> https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Prevent+passwords+from+displaying+in+clear+text+in+the+cons... knowing the fact that it is impossible to recover the encrypted password using tcontextload  ?
Regards