Six Stars

Load excel sheet into talend

Hi!

I'm trying to load an excel sheet into talend using encoding ISO 8859, since it has brazilian portuguse content, but it won't work.

In attach is the excel sheet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Load excel sheet into talend

I managed to fix! I unistall talend, then I did a downgrade on Java, because I had Java 9 installed and aparently talend only accepts till Java 8. Then I re-did the Java enviroment variables process and re-installed Talend and "voi lá". My excel sheet loaded.

Basically, i followed this installation tutorial: https://help.talend.com/reader/gQMygegdhKbdenCL3LTGSg/zOczPWm3KuUqQw78e5doMw

Thanks anyway!

5 REPLIES
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Hi,
Instead of share your Excel file, tell what's the problem you're facing.
Any error? Which one?
Unexpected result?
You may also share your job design or any component settings suspected to be the source of your problem.

TRF
Six Stars

Ok. Will share the error.

Six Stars

Hi! I tried puting the error message. But it keeps saying "Invalid HTML", and it would not let me post the question.

Error:

java.lang.ClassCastException@16ceb30f
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor39.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:461)
org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter.generate(TalendJetEmitter.java:684)
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:441)
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:432)
org.talend.designer.codegen.proxy.JetProxy.generate(JetProxy.java:54)
org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.instantiateJetProxy(CodeGenerator.java:444)
org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.generateContextCode(CodeGenerator.java:361)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.updateContextCode(Processor.java:637)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.generateContextCode(JavaProcessor.java:1585)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateContextInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:693)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:929)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:741)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1463)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1432)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:178)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.AbstractJavaProcessor.run(AbstractJavaProcessor.java:272)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:136)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowProcess.runWithErrorOutputAsException(ShadowProcess.java:371)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:86)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.excel.ExcelFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(ExcelFileStep2Form.java:1042)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

Four Stars

Then at least screenshots of job and exact error...

I tried with UTF8 and ISO8859, i can create metadata for your file without issues. PFA the attachment.

Now the question is when you are getting the error, while creating metadata or loading data into DB table.

- if issue with metadata :- use attached file.

- if issue with the loading data to db table :- then you have to remove the accent using below function.

TalendString.removeAccents("")

Regards,

Ajinkya

Six Stars

I managed to fix! I unistall talend, then I did a downgrade on Java, because I had Java 9 installed and aparently talend only accepts till Java 8. Then I re-did the Java enviroment variables process and re-installed Talend and "voi lá". My excel sheet loaded.

Basically, i followed this installation tutorial: https://help.talend.com/reader/gQMygegdhKbdenCL3LTGSg/zOczPWm3KuUqQw78e5doMw

Thanks anyway!