One Star

Load Multiple CSV files with different Structure

Hi all,
We have a project requirement where we are required to load 100+ CSV files into the oracle database. All 100 CSV files have different structure. Before loading the files into the database we need to perform basic validations like, 
- for Date column check if date is in correct format
- trim the white spaces for strings
- check if numeric data types columns actually consists of numbers
Now I have 2 queries:
- I am thinking of storing the name and schema of the CSV files in database. Read that meta data information of the file and then depending upon the meta data, load the data into the oracle tables. This way tomorrow is 100+ new CSV files are added for loading, I do not have to create a new job everytime.
Please suggest how it can be achieved. 
2 REPLIES

Re: Load Multiple CSV files with different Structure

Hi,
Have you already checke talend dynamic schema feature which allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).
Here is the article about:TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Load Multiple CSV files with different Structure

I am aware of it but this does not allow me to perform any data quality checks on the Data. This will be a simple load from file to the database or vice versa.
Thanks,
Sankalp