Four Stars

Link with a tHashoutput not working when one of the thashoutput has zero rows.

Version: 5.6.1
Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530

Although the job I am running is quite complex, here is I am providing a simple scenario:
I am trying to link two thashoutput components with "Link with tHashoutput" property.

Issue:

First thashoutput (thashoutput_1)component has data (thashoutput_1.NB_LINE return number of rows).

Second thashoutput (thashoutput_2) component is linked to first thashoutput (thashoutput_1).

But, when I count the thashoutput_2.NB_LINE it returns 0 rows.

The issue occurs when we try to put the tfilterrow before thashoutput_2 and the filter does not return any rows.

Please find the attached job.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Link with a tHashoutput not working when one of the thashoutput has zero rows.

Hi Sanket,

you need a tHashInput component (linked to either of the HashOutputs) to read the (combined) data that these tHashOutput components wrote to the cache.

Best regards,

Thomas

4 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: Link with a tHashoutput not working when one of the thashoutput has zero rows.

Hello sanketmistry,

your tFilterRow_2 component "does not return any rows", yes, so the following tHashOutput_2 component has no rows to process and therefore its NB_LINE value is 0. To me this is the normal behaviour as it should be, isn't it? What should the job do if the filter before tHashOutput_2 returns no rows?

Best regards,

Thomas

Four Stars

Hi Thomas,

In terms of NB_LINE it will be 0 (right) . But in my job, thashoutput_2 is linked with thashoutput_1.

So , when you are connecting the tlinkhashputput_2 to tfileoutputexcel the overall output to the excel file should be the combined result of thasoutput_1 and thashoutput_2. Which is not happening.

Please check my job. Hope this would give you an idea what I was trying to highlight. 

Thanks,

Sanket.

Six Stars

Hi Sanket,

you need a tHashInput component (linked to either of the HashOutputs) to read the (combined) data that these tHashOutput components wrote to the cache.

Best regards,

Thomas

Four Stars

Many thanks Thomas.

It worked.