Link multiple inputs output rows where column matches

Five Stars

Link multiple inputs output rows where column matches

Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question I'm new to Talend. I have two inputs one a CSV and one a database input. I am trying to get an ouput with some data from both files. I am inputting them both into the tmap and trying to link them on having the same name but am having no luck. Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil. 

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Link multiple inputs output rows where column matches

Hi Neil,

I have some basic queries before doing further analysis.

a) Which flow is bigger table and which flow is smaller table?

b) Is bigger table your main table or lookup table?

c) Can you expand and show your match model details in your screenshot of tMap?

d) Have you trimmed the column to remove any leading or trailing spaces of your join columns in both main and lookup flows before joining them in tMap?

e) If your lookup is having multiple matched rows for a single record in your main flow, would you like to get all those matched records or only the first matched record?

Once we get these details, we can take the next steps.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

All Replies
Five Stars

Hey folks,

I have figured out how to link the tables and have outputs for both tables with the settings below. However my issue now is that one table is larger than the other and I am outputting all the rows for the large table where as I just want to output rows where the names match each other in each table. Is the tMap the wrong place to do this? Should I be looking at another way?

Cheers,

Neil. Tmap2.jpg

Six Stars

In tMap, (for the lookup input) change Match Model to Unique match and Join Model to Inner Join. Check if it helps!

Five Stars

Thank you for the reply.  If I use the unique and inner join I am still returned the total rows from the bigger file even if there is no match in the smaller file. What I would like is a table with just rows where the name matches in both tables. The name is not unique in the smaller table so I will have multiple rows with the same name because of this. Thanks again.

Neil. 

Employee

Hi Neil,

I have some basic queries before doing further analysis.

a) Which flow is bigger table and which flow is smaller table?

b) Is bigger table your main table or lookup table?

c) Can you expand and show your match model details in your screenshot of tMap?

d) Have you trimmed the column to remove any leading or trailing spaces of your join columns in both main and lookup flows before joining them in tMap?

e) If your lookup is having multiple matched rows for a single record in your main flow, would you like to get all those matched records or only the first matched record?

Once we get these details, we can take the next steps.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Five Stars

Hey folks,

I think the issue is I have to work on normalizing my tables before the data integration as I am making things too hard with my current tables. I will go back and do this thanks again for all the help.

Neil. 

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.