License for Talend open studio

One Star

License for Talend open studio

Hi,
I want to use Talend Open Studio-Data Integration libraries in a java application. I know that it is licensed as Apache License v2.
Can anyone confirm whether I have to make the java application open source in order to use Talend Open Studio-Data Integration in the java application?

Re: License for Talend open studio

Hi,
 So far, we have to comply with Apache License v2.(Usually, it's not used for commercial product)
In addition, talend support for TalendHelpCenter:Calling a Talend Job from an external Java application.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the reply and the reference link for using the talend data integration from a java application.
So, I don't have to make my application open source or use talend's logo or copyright information in my application. Am I correct?

Hi,
You don't have to public your code or use talend's logo in your application unless you re-develop talend as your own product for commercial(for sale).
You need talend's copyright information in your application.(international conventions)
Could you please check more information about Apache License v2?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for clearing my doubts/confusion.