One Star

LDAP Preview Problem

Hi, first post here. I'm using TIS v. 2.3.2r12707 and java 1.6. When I try to preview my LDAP schema I get the following error:
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting. Output not generated.

The contents of my .log file read:
ENTRY org.talend.libraries 1 0 2008-04-18 14:33:31.383
!MESSAGE 2008-04-18 14:33:31,383 INFO org.talend.designer.runprocess.Processor - Command line: C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.5.0_06/bin/java.exe -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp C:/talend/lib/java/a-j-interop.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/activation.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/advancedLookupLib.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ant.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/antlr-2.7.5.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/asm-2.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/asm-analysis-2.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/asm-attrs-2.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/asm-tree-2.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/asm-util-2.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/aspcfs.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/axis.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/b-iwombat.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/b-jarapac.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/b-jcifs-1.2.9.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/b-jcifs-ntlm-auth.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/b-ncacn_ip_tcp.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/b-ncacn_np.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/b-ntlm-security.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/com.ibm.mq.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/com.ibm.mqjms.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-beanutils-1.7.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-codec-1.3.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-collections-3.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-digester-1.7.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-discovery-0.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-lang-2.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-logging-1.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-math-1.0.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-pool-1.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/commons-vfs.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/darkhorseventures.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/db2jcc.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/db2jcc_license_cu.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/derby.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/derbyclient.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/derbynet.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/dom4j-1.6.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/edtftpj-1.5.4.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/eigenbase-properties.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/eigenbase-resgen.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/eigenbase-xom.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/external_sort.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/feed4j.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/filecopy.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/file_delimited.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ganymed-ssh2-build211beta4.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/groovy-1.0.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/groovy-starter.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/groovy-xmlrpc-0.3.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/hsqldb.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ifxjdbc.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ifxjdbcx.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ifxlang.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ifxlsupp.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ifxsqlj.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ifxtools.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/iijdbc.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/interclient.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/itext-1.3.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/iText-2.0.8.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jasperreports-2.0.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/javacsv.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/javacup.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jaxen-1.1.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jaxrpc.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jaybird-full-2.1.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jbossall-client.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jcommon-1.0.6.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jconn3.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jfreechart-1.0.3.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jnp-client.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jsch-0.1.36.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jt400.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jtds-1.2.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/jxl.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ldapjdk.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/log4j-1.2.9.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/mail.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/mondrian.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.0-bin.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/nekohtml.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ojdbc14.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/OneWireAPI.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/paloIX.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/poi-2.0-final-20040126.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc3.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/saaj.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/salesforceCRMManagement.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/servlet-api.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/sqlitejdbc_v037_nested.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/sugarCRMManagement.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/svnkit.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/talendssl.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/talend_file_enhanced_20070724.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/tdgssconfig.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/tdgssjava.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/terajdbc4.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/vertica.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/vtigercrm.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/WebServiceInput.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/weka.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/ws-commons-util-1.0.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/xercesImpl.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/xml-apis.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/xmlrpc-client-3.0.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/xmlrpc-common-3.0.jar;C:/talend/lib/java/zeroio-iteam.jar;C:/talend/workspace/.Java/classes;C:/talend/lib/java; ldap_test.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput --context=Shadow

!ENTRY org.talend.designer.runprocess 4 0 2008-04-18 14:33:31.633
!MESSAGE Output not generated.
!STACK 0
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Output not generated.
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowProcess.run(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.ldap.LDAPSchemaStep3Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(Unknown Source)
!ENTRY org.talend.libraries 4 0 2008-04-18 14:33:31.633
!MESSAGE 2008-04-18 14:33:31,633 ERROR org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.ldap.LDAPSchemaStep3Form - Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting. Output not generated.

Any ideas what could be the problem?
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: LDAP Preview Problem

Hello dweaver
I have tried to reproduce your issue, but the job works fine on my local machine.
Can you show some input data in your LDAP server? or export the input data to a .ldif file and send it to me via Email.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong,
Thanks for your reply. I have emailed the information to you.
One Star

Hi, this is my first post here.
I am using the TOS-All-r13892-V2.3.3 on windows with java 1.5.0.06.
I have exactly the same error and I really don't know how correct it.
If I manually set the LDAP schema , everyting seems OK.
Please let me know if you have the solution or some tips.
Thanks for your help
Regards.
One Star

My problem turned out to be some weird characters in my LDAP directory. If I export the directory as an LDIF file, I can parse it just fine.
One Star

Thanks you, It works now.