Kafka Output

Four Stars

Kafka Output

Is there a way to find out if the tKafkaOutput component successfully posted the message to kafka?

I tried posting a message to a topic which does not exist and I just got a warning but the component executed fine

I also tried posting message to a broker which does not exist, the component just waited for some time (timeout) and then successfully completed

I have to execute different sub-jobs in case of success and error.

Any ideas?

Re: Kafka Output

Hello,

Do you mean that the topic name you want to publish messages to doesn't exist? And you can still post a message to it without error? Could you please indicate on which build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Kafka Output

I am saying that when I post a message to a topic which does not exist, I only get a warning in the console and the job does not error out.

In case of timeouts, I don't even see a warning, it looks as if the message posted successfully...

I want to know if there is any error handling capabilities in the Kafka components in Talend? How do you know in the job that the message posted successfully or not?

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download