One Star

Join 2 CSV files and seed the data into database table.

Dear All
I am new to Talend and infact ETL based tools. So assume that I am zero in this. \
Now my problem is I have 2 csv files which I need to merge based on the zipcode and dump the records into database table. I am using postgres. So can somebody help me by explaining step by step procedure on how to do this?
In case if you any tutorials available share that links so that I will manage on my own.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Koundinya
3 REPLIES

Re: Join 2 CSV files and seed the data into database table.

Hi, koundinya75
For your requirement, i have designed a demo job for you.
File 1
zipcode;
34902OP;
39876ME;
File 2
zipcode;
98520;
98731;
The workflow is tFileinputdelimited(File1)-->tUnite-->tMysqloutput-->tLogRow
tFileinputdelimited(File2)-->
I have used MySQL DB instead of postgres DB, because i don' have postgres DB.
see my screenshots for details
For a talend new user, it recommend those following references should be read for you:
1. TalendOpenStudioforDataIntegrationUserGuide
2. TalendTutorials
In addition that , Talend has a help platform Talend Help Center provides a structured source of enriched information and knowledge, certified by Talend, where you can quickly and easily find out how to make best use of the full range of Talend products.
Hope it will help you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

hi all,
if your 2 csv file has the same structure, you can merge data as xdshi said.
but in other cas you could use the tMap component, and join with inner or outer join. You can also catch the rejected data if you need.
Have a look at documentation that xdshi has mentionned.
regards
laurent

Hi,
@kzone, thanks for your professional answer, it's more carefulness and impressive.
@koundinya75, hope all the info involved can help you. Don't hesitate post your issue on forum, you are welcome in all time.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.