Jobs without ESB compnents and OSGi

Four Stars

Jobs without ESB compnents and OSGi

Hello! 

I've just read this issue https://jira.talendforge.org/projects/TESB/issues/TESB-21842 and a little bit afraid now. =))

We have many jobs working with message brokers but not using any of ESB components. And those jobs must work in OSGi container!

Please couldn't you reconsider your decision on the subject?

Sixteen Stars

Re: Jobs without ESB compnents and OSGi

Why are you running non-ESB jobs in the Runtime? What is the use case? The reason I ask is that it is a waste of resources to run those jobs there unless there is a good reason for it. I am speaking from the point of view of someone who works a lot with the Enterprise Edition. The Runtime is a component that comes with a fee, Job Servers are free. It makes much more sense to run on a Job Server unless the requirement means that it needs to be in the Runtime.

Four Stars

Actually, it's a burden of earlier architectural decisions. We are using Karaf as some kind of java EE container.

Sixteen Stars

What is stopping you from hosting the jobs outside of the Karaf, other than "that is how we've always done it"? Do you use the Enterprise Edition or the Open Source Edition?

Four Stars

We use Open Source and we've got lot of another code built for OSGi container and working in conjunction with Talend jobs.

Anyway, we are unable to change the architecture for the time being.

Sixteen Stars

OK, fair enough. I understand that may be difficult to change. But my point stands for other people reading this.