Five Stars

Jobs that are deployed from artifacts always hangs on "Requesting run" in the job job conductor for up to 40 minutes before running?

Hello,

When  running jobs that were deployed from artifacts on Nexus or from .zip files they always hand for a really long time on "Requesting run" part before running. We are using TAC 6.3.1 What might be the problem?

Thank you,

Gabriele

• Data Integration
  • ESB
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Jobs that are deployed from artifacts always hangs on "Requesting run" in the job job conductor for up to 40 minutes before running?

Hi
Is it the first run or it happens after several execution? What's the value of time interval? Only this task has the issue or all tasks?

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Five Stars

Re: Jobs that are deployed from artifacts always hangs on "Requesting run" in the job job conductor for up to 40 minutes before running?

Hello, Shong,

All tasks that are deployed from artifacts on nexus or from zip files, stange thing it happens every run not only during the first one. I hangs on requesting run for 20-40 minutes and then thwe actual job execution takes 2 - 10 seconds which is normal

Community Manager

Hi
It looks abnormal, I have never seen this issue in previous versions, I will test it on version 6.3.1 to see if the problem happens on my side, I will come back to you asap!
One Star

Hi Shong,

I have been struggling with the same issue for 2 months.  We are using talend 6.2.1 Talend Bigdata platform.

When I start a job from jobconductor, the status will be "Requesting to Run" for an hour and then job starts.

This happens when job is running on a different server(execution server) not where TAC is installed. Please adivise?

Community Manager

Hello chaibotta
i have made some testing on both v6.2.1 and v6.3.1, and I can't reproduce the problem, my TAC server and Job server are installed on the same machine. I think there is a network connection delay between TAC server and Job server or TAC server and TAC database server. For testing, install a local Job server on the same machine where TAC is installed, deploy a task to the this local job server and run it to check if the problem exists.

Regards
Shong