One Star

Job stuck in "Sending" status in TAC

We often have jobs get stuck in the "Sending" status when deploying them via TAC.  I always try the solution of deleting the commandline-workspace folder, but that never fixes it - I have to restart the server.
Any ideas on what could be causing this?  We are on version 5.4.1.
7 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Job stuck in "Sending" status in TAC

Yes I have an idea.
The problem is a broken communication between the TAC and the job server. In older releases this caused the task to be untouchable.
Connect to the TAC database and browser the table executiontask. Here you will find your task (find it by the label).
update the field processingstate to 0 and the status (not sure about the field name, but you will find it easily because the status hold the values in upper case letters). Update the status to READY_TO_DEPLOY.
Now refresh the task list in the TAC and you should be able to start the deployment again - hopefully it works now.
I would in generally ask the support.
One Star

Thank you for this solution.  It works for me some of the time, but occasionally I will receive an error that the job is still locked by another process.  Any idea what table I need to update to clear this lock?
Thanks!
Seventeen Stars

The field processingstate value 1  causes this message. Take care you set it to 0.
One Star

I did set processingstate to 0...
Seventeen Stars

Keep in mind, the TAC uses Hibernate to bind the objects with the database. Do you have refreshed the task list after changing the database entries?
One Star

Yes, I refreshed the task list in TAC.  The status is showing as "Ready to generate."
Seventeen Stars

OK, than simple start the generation, this is the best way to get the task back in a consistent state.