Five Stars

Job running on localhost instead of on the chosen remote target exec in debug mode

Hi,

I'm currently facing some issues with running a job in debug mode.

Here's the situation :

- I need to use a remote target exec to be able to reach all the databases needed in the job

- When running the job in standard mode, with remote target exec, it runs OK, except for what I think is an infinite loop.

In order to debug the loop, I'd like to see the value of a few parameters during the run, so I tried to use the debug mode.

When I do, the job end with a fatal error due to not being authorized to connect on the databases needed in the job.

The error message is like "access denied for username@IP_localhost".

I did set the remote location on the target exec panel, so I don't understand why the job seems to be running from localhost.

I'm probably missing something somewhere, but I've no idea what...

Is there some weird rule that say you can only use remote when not in debug ?

Thank you in advance for your insight !

Ema_fr

• Data Integration
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Job running on localhost instead of on the chosen remote target exec in debug mode

Hi
When you select remote target exec, the job is sent to remote Job server and execute it there, I think your Job server and Mysql server are installed on different machine, and it is a privileges issue here, it is not allowed to connect to Mysql server from a remote server.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Five Stars

Re: Job running on localhost instead of on the chosen remote target exec in debug mode

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand well.

I know that the job server and the mysql servers are on different machines but I'm able to run the job quite fine in standard mode. I do use the same remote target exec.

I'm allowed to reach my databases with "username@IP_targetExec", but not with "username@IP_localhost".

In both cases (standard and debug mode), I use remote target exec.

Why does it "pass" in standard and not in debug ?

I'm missing something...

Five Stars

Any help there ? Suggestions ?