Job disappear

Six Stars

Job disappear

Hi everybody,

I have an issue with a job which disappear when I import it.

I export it from my Talend DI 6.4, and then import it in another Talend DI 6.4 on a server.

When I import it in the server, the job simply not appear in my jobs repository on Talend, even if I click on the refresh button.

BUT... I can see the job if I go in the directory of my workspace (D:\Talend\Workspace\GOUVERNANCE_2012\process\...)

==> so I can't find the job in Talend but it is on my workspace

So, I tried :

- To change the name of my job and reimport it : same problem

- To change the name of my job and the directory on which it is : It's OK ! --> And when I try to move it in the good directory, it disappears...

So my question : 

- Is there a project file which contains the name of the job ?

- Do you have any idea of what happens to me ?

By the way, my recycle bin is empty and I don't have other job with the same name.

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Re: Job disappear

Hello,

Have you enabled overwrite existing items check box while importing your job? And take care that you do not have any jobs open in a editor because these jobs are locked and cannot be exported or imported.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Thanks xdshi,

I have found the solution, I have create an empty job at the good place with the same name, and then imported it with the overwrite checkbox checked.
I always close all my jobs when exporting

Thanks for your help !

So just to be sure, there is no file which contains the metadata of the project jobs ?

Hello,

@bouga74 wrote:
Thanks xdshi,

I have found the solution, I have create an empty job at the good place with the same name, and then imported it with the overwrite checkbox checked.
I always close all my jobs when exporting

Thanks for your help !

So just to be sure, there is no file which contains the metadata of the project jobs ?

Great that you have found the solution.

For your concern, are you referring to metadata folder which is located in <TalendStudioInstallationPath>\workspace\LOCAL_PROJECT\metadata?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach