Four Stars

Job disappear

Hi everybody,

I have an issue with a job which disappear when I import it.

I export it from my Talend DI 6.4, and then import it in another Talend DI 6.4 on a server.

When I import it in the server, the job simply not appear in my jobs repository on Talend, even if I click on the refresh button.

BUT... I can see the job if I go in the directory of my workspace (D:\Talend\Workspace\GOUVERNANCE_2012\process\...)

==> so I can't find the job in Talend but it is on my workspace

So, I tried :

- To change the name of my job and reimport it : same problem

- To change the name of my job and the directory on which it is : It's OK ! --> And when I try to move it in the good directory, it disappears...

So my question : 

- Is there a project file which contains the name of the job ?

- Do you have any idea of what happens to me ?

By the way, my recycle bin is empty and I don't have other job with the same name.

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES

Re: Job disappear

Hello,

Have you enabled overwrite existing items check box while importing your job? And take care that you do not have any jobs open in a editor because these jobs are locked and cannot be exported or imported.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Thanks xdshi,

I have found the solution, I have create an empty job at the good place with the same name, and then imported it with the overwrite checkbox checked.
I always close all my jobs when exporting

Thanks for your help !

So just to be sure, there is no file which contains the metadata of the project jobs ?

Hello,

bouga74 wrote:
Thanks xdshi,

I have found the solution, I have create an empty job at the good place with the same name, and then imported it with the overwrite checkbox checked.
I always close all my jobs when exporting

Thanks for your help !

So just to be sure, there is no file which contains the metadata of the project jobs ?

Great that you have found the solution.

For your concern, are you referring to metadata folder which is located in <TalendStudioInstallationPath>\workspace\LOCAL_PROJECT\metadata?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.