Job control: Control the number of lines with talend

One Star

Job control: Control the number of lines with talend

Hello,
I have a source table and a target table must have the same number of lines. So I want to create a job control that compares two tables and it gets error if there is a difference. Please how can I do with Talend Open Studio?
Thank you in advance.

Re: Job control: Control the number of lines with talend

Hi,
I think you are looking for "Sync".
For community version, you can use "incremental load" by contrasting source table and target table.
The workflow should be :
targettable-->mainrow-->tMap-->rejectrow-->output
sourcetable-->lookuprow
Join the two tables and make inner join on tMap. Set "catch lookup inner join reject " as true and the changed date is the unassociated data by inner join.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hello,
Can you explain please a little more because I want to do a job that will control after loading job.
Thank you very much.
One Star

you can send me an exmple please?
Seventeen Stars

All input and output components provides counters of type Integer like tOracleInput_NB_LINE. All these counters can retrieved by drag & drop from the Outline view.
You can use the NB_LINE counters to compare the amount of input with the output.
Example for tWarn message:
((Integer) globalMap.get("tOracleInput_NB_LINE")).equals(((Integer) globalMap.get("tOracleOutput_NB_LINE"))) ? "is equal" : "is NOT equal"
Highlighted
One Star

Thank you very much for your help. I'm starting with Talend. How can I put the message you gave me in the tWarn? I have MySQL tables, so how I can use tMySqlInput_NB_LINE. Is that you can send me the pattern of Job please because I'm stuck?
Thank you in advance.
One Star

Note: I use Talend Open Studio 5.3.1, I can not find NB_LINE counters.

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch