Job automation

One Star

Job automation

Hi all,
how do we automate the etl job? i mean, i created a job & i wanna run that job on daily basis, say at morning 7'O clock. is there a possibility to do like this in TOS?
One Star

Re: Job automation

Hi,
Export your job(.bat or .sh). You can use windows scheduler if you use windows or generate CronTab String with Tos scheduler if you're using Linux.
regards,
Youssef
One Star

hi youssef,
thanks for your response.if you dont mind, could you tell me for windows where i need to set & what do you mean by CronTab String for linux? as am a newbie to TOS, am not much familiar about all the things. could you show me some screenshot?
One Star

you can have a look here:
Windows task scheduler: http://www.iopus.com/guides/winscheduler.htm
linux Cron: http://www.unixgeeks.org/security/newbie/unix/cron-1.html
Regards,
Youssef
One Star

hi .............after running the job in TOS go to the scheduler option- enter the schedule details- u will find a address location ..............copy that and put it into a text pad................enter pause in the text pad .............save it as a .bat file............after completion go for administrative tools---------scheduler tasks----------set the schedule time and paste the address location..........if u did not get this steps i will send u a screen shot
One Star

Hi all,
how do we automate the etl job? i mean, i created a job & i wanna run that job on daily basis, say at morning 7'O clock. is there a possibility to do like this in TOS?

hi,
can u please define me the process of defining contexts during runtime of a job..........also i have to define variables..................as i am starting using of Talend now please send me some scenarios and materials
regards
bhanu
One Star

Hi youssef & bhanu
thanks for your response. in talend i've created 4 jobs & i wanna run those jobs one after other. i cannot join those by using tRunJob, as ony one job throws error also next job needs to be continued. so daily morning 7AM my jobs needs to be executed automatically. could anyone please show me the screenshot. so that it'll be much understable.
One Star

can u send me the scenario u built so tat i will send the details accordingly..............u mean to say..........u should run the scheduler continously ..........right
One Star

Hi bhanu,
the following is the scenario for my jobs.
job 1: parsing the input files & loading into DB public schema (Postgres)
job 2: extracting data from public schema & loading into main schema
job 3: extracting data from Postgres & loading into Oracle
job 4: updating Postgres tables based on loaded data in Oracle
yes exactly. i need to start the scheduler for the first job & it should continue till the last job on daily basis.
One Star

hi check the documentation user guide...............talendug 3.0 a...........steps were given clearly ...............if difficult to down load send me the mail id i will send it
One Star

Hi bhanu,
the following is the scenario for my jobs.
job 1: parsing the input files & loading into DB public schema (Postgres)
job 2: extracting data from public schema & loading into main schema
job 3: extracting data from Postgres & loading into Oracle
job 4: updating Postgres tables based on loaded data in Oracle
yes exactly. i need to start the scheduler for the first job & it should continue till the last job on daily basis.

have u got user guide for Talend.............scheduler is given clearly in it
One Star

i referred user guide. but as per my scenario i need to run the job on daily basis at 7 AM. so i need to select day as everyday & hours as 7 Am. but for Month, Day of week & Minutes, whats the value i need to select? if i dont select, its showing error dialogue box.
One Star

follow the steps from 1 to 4

1) For job1 you open scheduler next to the run icon on talend................add the schedule time using top right

green coloured icon....................repeat this for other jobs also

after completion of doing it..................go to_____ settings__control panel____schedule tasks____select the type of sceduler run_____choose command exe ______schedule the time
One Star

yes i referred page 21..........but i have got an experience of working with scheduler...............do u know the procedure of setting schedule tasks in settings icon
One Star

no idea.. whats my doubt is for Month, Day of week & Minutes, whats the value i need to give? and also should i again set the schedule by using control panel? when i export the job, does this schedule timings also gets exported or should i write separate script & needs to be executed?
One Star

no need to write separate scripts.............u just copy the address of the job in scheduler.........do not give any time or day or week or month.............u copy it for 4 jobs and put in 4 text pads............. then reply me.........i will go for further steps
One Star

u will find the address in command icon................did u get it
One Star

after this u save all the four text pads in .bat format .............after doing this u will have 4 text pad doc and 4 .bat files...............do it faster
One Star

are u doing it..........
One Star

have converted the text pad into .bat file
One Star

in which drive u stored the address of jobs
One Star

send me the address of any one of the text pad
One Star

if it is like cSmiley Tonguerogram files u convert it into cSmiley Tonguerogram1/................
One Star

r u doing..........make it fast
One Star

/usr/local/pentaho/java/bin/java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp /common/Softwares/ETL/TOS/TOS-All-r14858-V2.4.0/lib/java/javacsv.jar:/common/Softwares/ETL/TOS/TOS-All-r14858-V2.4.0/lib/java/postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc3.jar:/home/geetha/workspace/.Java/classes::/common/Softwares/ETL/TOS/TOS-All-r14858-V2.4.0/lib/java: test.sample_0_1.sample --context=Default
i need to do it in linux.. so this is what i've got for linux.. take this as example..
One Star

then do not make any changes.............enter pause next to it in text pad doc and save all the 4 text pads.........after doing this go for control pannel
One Star

settings_____control pannel_____schedule tasks____next
One Star

have u done it.............
One Star

ok.. i'll give a try & post the message if i get any doubts.. thanks for your help so far..
One Star

ok