Job Sequencing

One Star

Job Sequencing

Hi,
We planning to go Production with Talend Platform for Data Management 5.3.1.
We have around 40 jobs which needs to run in a particular sequence. Also, would like to have checkpoint in case of any failures.
I have understand we have two option to do this.
1. Creating a Talend Job with Multiple tRunjob to sequence the jobs. We can also keep the check points. Create a task in TAC to run it. Or
2. Creating a Execution Plan in TAC and it will handle the check point automatically.
Could you please recommended best method to implement this. We are comfortable either way. However, we are looking more robust and practical way to do this. The implementation should also help us in debugging/adding new job(s) to the sequence easily.
Thank you for your time.
Seventeen Stars

Re: Job Sequencing

The choice 2 should fit to your needs. I am not quite clear why do you need debugging over multiple jobs. Debugging actually is only possible within a job.
Seventeen Stars

If you have a lot of jobs in your chain and you need a bit more then On-Ok-Continue you could also consider using the tRunTask component. This component starts jobs as task in the TAC and you can create a trigger job with a nearly unlimited complexity.
One Star

Thank you jlolling. I have downloaded the tRunTask component already. I have not used it though.
Thank you for the component as well.
Regards,
Sangi