Four Stars

Job Conductor - Error While Generating Job

I could really use some help here, as I am stumped and this seems to be happening more frequently. I have developed a Talend Job in 5.4.1 and it compiles and runs successfully within the Talend Development environment. But when I go to put the job into TAC I cannot get the job to Generate. Below is the information I get from the CommandLine under Monitoring. Also, If I zip up the job and add the job to the conductor via a zip file, that works. But I feel that doing the zip is a work around, I would like for the job to get added to TAC in the normal way.

CommandLine
Id
15 child of 17
Origin
Generate job for task '0501 - XpressFeed Daily Refresh'
Status
FAILED
Command
BuildJobServerCommand
Detail
BuildJobServerCommand buildJob 'J0501_XpressFeed_DailyRefresh' -dd '/Talend/CommandLine/exports/task_18' -af '1424361151932_task_18' -jc 'Default' -jv '0.1' -jactc -jstats
Time
2015-02-19 10:52:52
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors
At least job "J0501_XpressFeed_DailyRefresh" has compile errors, please fix and export again.
 at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:148)
 at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)
 at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:161)
 at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)
 at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
 at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
 at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors
At least job "J0501_XpressFeed_DailyRefresh" has compile errors, please fix and export again.
 at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(JobErrorsChecker.java:267)
 at org.talend.commandline.util.JobHandler.export(JobHandler.java:227)
 at org.talend.commandline.command.execute.BuildJobExecuteCommand.execute(BuildJobExecuteCommand.java:93)
 at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:146)
 ... 7 more
2 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Job Conductor - Error While Generating Job

I noticed that one of my sub jobs has the small x on the icon indicating an error, but when I review the code there aren't any errors. There are however many warnings because I am using java.util.TeeMap, among some other imports. Could it be that when TAC is compiling, after a certain number of warnings, the warnings roll up to an error, preventing Deployment?
One Star

Re: Job Conductor - Error While Generating Job

When you deploy a .zip it is not compiled by the TAC.  I do not think TAC has any accumulation of warnings = 'error'. 
A "small x" indicates a compile error, and you will have to correct it.  I am not certain how you are reviewing the code, but try pressing the "Code" tab in the palette window.  This should attempt to compile the code on your studio, and indicate the line in which you have an error if it finds one. If no errors are found in this way, then I can only guess that perhaps your main job is calling some subjobs that may have the error.
The compiler is good about telling which jobs have compile error...however it is poor at telling you what that error is, or what line/object the error is in.