Seven Stars

Java - Xmx memory - 512M only

root     31971  6.1  4.4 3034712 366832 ?      Sl   16:09   0:29 /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java -Dkaraf.home=/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container -Dkaraf.base=/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container -Dkaraf.data=/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/data -Dkaraf.etc=/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/etc -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dkaraf.startLocalConsole=false -Dkaraf.startRemoteShell=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/jre/lib/endorsed:/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/lib/endorsed:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/endorsed -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/jre/lib/ext:/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/lib/ext:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/ext -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path=/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/wrapper/ -classpath /data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/jna-4.2.2.jar:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/jna-platform-4.2.2.jar:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.diagnostic.boot-4.0.7.jar:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.jaas.boot-4.0.7.jar:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.main-4.0.7.jar:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/wrapper/karaf-wrapper.jar:/data/talend/tesb/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/wrapper/karaf-wrapper-main.jar -Dwrapper.key=gcxP6BJCchqva9qb -Dwrapper.port=32000 -Dwrapper.jvm.port.min=31000 -Dwrapper.jvm.port.max=31999 -Dwrapper.pid=31969 -Dwrapper.version=3.2.3 -Dwrapper.native_library=wrapper -Dwrapper.service=TRUE -Dwrapper.cpu.timeout=10 -Dwrapper.jvmid=1 org.apache.karaf.wrapper.internal.service.Main

I am currently running talend ESB on a linux container and noticed that it is having Xmx set at 512 (according to the ps command).

I have set the correct memory configs in <runtime container>/bin/setmem as:

if [ ${JAVA_VERSION_MINOR} -lt 8 ]; then
        if [ -z "${JAVA_PERM_MEM}" ]; then
            if ${JAVA_SIXTY_FOUR}; then
                JAVA_PERM_MEM=1024M
            else
                JAVA_PERM_MEM=1024M
            fi
            export JAVA_PERM_MEM
        fi

if [ -z "${JAVA_MAX_PERM_MEM}" ]; then
            if ${JAVA_SIXTY_FOUR}; then
                JAVA_MAX_PERM_MEM=8096M
            else
                JAVA_MAX_PERM_MEM=8096M
            fi
            export JAVA_MAX_PERM_MEM
        fi
    fi

So why would that not work as expected? Or the xmx refers to something else?

I am running this as a wrapper service.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: Java - Xmx memory - 512M only

If you are running this using the service wrapper, take a look here: https://help.talend.com/reader/kXw5G19CjSNyX9CeQ_cEgQ/_dPb2wr4Rl2EwYdYylaRfQ

I imagine you are missing a couple of "wrapper.java.additional.n" lines (you need to add these) with your JVM settings. The web page I have posted talks about this...albeit a little briefly.

Rilhia Solutions
3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

If you are running this using the service wrapper, take a look here: https://help.talend.com/reader/kXw5G19CjSNyX9CeQ_cEgQ/_dPb2wr4Rl2EwYdYylaRfQ

I imagine you are missing a couple of "wrapper.java.additional.n" lines (you need to add these) with your JVM settings. The web page I have posted talks about this...albeit a little briefly.

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Wow, I thought setting the options in setmem file should do the magic. I never knew about this configuration (alas, I did not read the documentation earlier Smiley Very Happy during the initial setup).
Thank you
Twelve Stars

Did this resolve your question? If so can you set it to resolved so that others can benefit from this?

Rilhia Solutions