Seven Stars

Java Version Problem

Hi,

We have talend jobs which are built in Talend 5.6 and java version 1.7. Now i imported the same jobs in Talend 6.1 and i am using java 1.8. when i am trying to build the job i am getting Below error.

There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(JobErrorsChecker.java:307)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkExportErrors(JobErrorsChecker.java:188)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.checkExportProcess(DefaultRunProcessService.java:328)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.checkExportProcess(RunProcessService.java:269)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJobs(BuildJobManager.java:101)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.buildJobWithMaven(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1481)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage$8.run(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1384)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1059)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1389)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1225)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3217)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2024)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

Can any one suggest me on this.

Thanks,

Bharath.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: Java Version Problem

Hi,

The issue has been resolved.

Issue is i am getting some encrypted code in all password fields in jobs, so we need to remove it and need to replace it with new value/variables. Below is the code highlighted where i am getting encrypted code. And also attaching the screen shots of it.

final String decryptedPassword_tMysqlConnection_1 = 4D9onkGJm3dYUhjgejgz7nPhaUwbHXL49PeroXRnhOo=Encrypt; 
String dbPwd_tMysqlConnection_1 = decryptedPassword_tMysqlConnection_1;

Thanks,

Bharath.

14 REPLIES
Employee

Hi,

What is your JDK Compliance level in Studio Java Compiler preferences?  Is it set to 1.7 or 1.8?

Compiler.jpg

Seven Stars

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It is set to 1.7

Thanks,

Bharath.

Seven Stars

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Hello,

Could you please check if you correctly use JDK 1.8 (Installed JREs; Compiler and Talend Java Interpreter)?

Can you successfully execute a new job created in V 6.1 studio?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi,

Thanks for your Reply.

I am using jdk & jre 1.8 only. I am able to create a new job and can execute it.

Jre 7 also installed. But in talend i am using jre 1.8 only.

Thnaks,

Bharath.

Hi,

Does this issue only repro on these talend jobs which are built in Talend 5.6?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Yes.

I created a sample job in Talend 6.1 and tried to build. It build successfully.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Seven Stars

Hi,

The issue has been resolved.

Issue is i am getting some encrypted code in all password fields in jobs, so we need to remove it and need to replace it with new value/variables. Below is the code highlighted where i am getting encrypted code. And also attaching the screen shots of it.

final String decryptedPassword_tMysqlConnection_1 = 4D9onkGJm3dYUhjgejgz7nPhaUwbHXL49PeroXRnhOo=Encrypt; 

Thanks,

Bharath.

Employee

Yes that feature was added in later version.  Any attribute of type password will encrypt the password.  If you use context variable though, it should just use the value of the context variable.

Seven Stars

Hi,

But here the context variable is also encrypting.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Employee

Do you have screenshots of export of the job?  Yes looks like something went wrong here.  But it should be easily rectifiable.

Seven Stars

Hi,

After importing Talend 5.6 job into Talend 6.1 the password field in the component has been encrypted.

Here i have used context variable in password field, but still is encrypted.

Below is the code. And also attaching the screen shots after importing and without changing the password field

final String decryptedPassword_tMysqlConnection_1 = 4D9onkGJm3dYUhjgejgz7nPhaUwbHXL49PeroXRnhOo=Encrypt;

Employee

Yep something went wrong there.  Maybe there are patches for this on 5.6.  You need to contact our support for this, if you have a support login.  

You should click on the button with 3 dots, and then specify your context variable without " ".  If you specify " " the studio thinks it is a string and encrypt it.  If you don't, it knows it is a variable. 

Seven Stars

Yes exactly.

I followed the same thing it worked.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

Bharath.