Java VM memory parameters and "Use independent process" for tRunJob

One Star

Java VM memory parameters and "Use independent process" for tRunJob

Hi!
For some jobs I need to give the Java VM additional memory. So I edit the {JobName}_run.bat and change the parameter -Xmx.
But now I want to use the option "Use independent process" in tRunJob components with the extended memory. But as far as I could observe, the Xmx-setting only affects the original java process. Not the new ones of the sub jobs.
How do I pass the -Xmx parameter to the new processes of the sub jobs?

Best regards,
M
One Star

Re: Java VM memory parameters and "Use independent process" for tRunJob

Hi
When you check "Use independent process", the master job will start a new thread for child job.
How do you observe the running?
I use Java VisualVM in %Java_Home%\bin. And I can see two threads running. One is master job. The other is child job with different xmx parameter.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Well that's exactly the point! The child jobs get different xmx parameters. I want them to have the same xmx parameter as the parent job (so they can use more memory than 1024M).
How do I specify the xmx for child jobs?
One Star

Hi
If you want to modify the parameter xmx of child job, changing {JobName}_run.bat of father job won't work.
You have to modify it as the following image(This is child job).
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hello,
is it possible to re-post the image? 
I would like to solve the same problem and I can not find another solution.
Thanks,
Mira
--- edit
I wanted to remove JVM parameters of subjob which were used incorrectly. They were not inherited from parent job and they were not even specified in the particular subjob. 
Solution is to remove all parametrs in Run/Advanced menu in the particular subjob. While the checkbox Use Specific JVM Arguments must be checked. Then it will use specified arguments (no arguments in my case).
I would expect that if checkbox Use Specific JVM Arguments would not be checked, then no parameters or inherited parameters are going to be used.
Thus, I have to remove these parameters to be able to run compiled Talend's workflow on production, but I have to fill these parameters to be able to debug and develop workflow right from Talend Studio. Which is not very user friendly :X