Java Object to Talend

One Star

Java Object to Talend

I'm trying to run a Talend job from my Java application. Is there any chance I can start a job and pass in Java objects at runtime?
I was thinking about something like a method to put a Java object into the globalMap. A Java Component could do a while loop and check the globalMap constantly for a new Object and process it if ones available. The only problem with this idea is, that I don't have access to the globalMap from outside of the Talend job.
Anyone else got an idea how to accomplish that?
One Star

Re: Java Object to Talend

Where are the objects coming from? Are they from Hibernate or some other ORM?
One Star

No they are XML objects read from a JMS queue. I was thinking about using a message driven bean which reads the queue and passes the message as an object to Talend. The MDB would be responsible for transaction management and could rollback the message if talend throws an error.
One Star

It sounds like you need to also communicate the data source to the Talend components as well as the Java objects. The 3.1 EJBs are easy to create; a POJO plus @MessageDriven.
What's the role of Talend in your processing?
One Star

The problem is I cant pass anything to Talend at runtime, neither an object nor a connection. Talend is used as a real-time etl loading tool for the warehouse.