Java Exception Error

I am using Talend for the first time and I have no knowledge of Java. I am running the "tFileInputDelimited" job in the demo project. This is the error I am getting :
connecting to socket on port 3592
connected
Exception in component tFileInputDelimited_1
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "  <TalendProperties: DelimitedFileConnectionItem xmi:id="_Vc9uckNLEd-UK4CtF6UouA" property="_Vc9ucENLEd-UK4CtF6UouA" state="_Vc9ucUNLEd-UK4CtF6UouA">"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at routines.system.ParserUtils.parseTo_int(ParserUtils.java:122)
at routines.system.ParserUtils.parseTo_Integer(ParserUtils.java:137)
at talend_demo.tfileinputdelimited_0_1.tFileInputDelimited.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(tFileInputDelimited.java:883)
at talend_demo.tfileinputdelimited_0_1.tFileInputDelimited.runJobInTOS(tFileInputDelimited.java:1559)
at talend_demo.tfileinputdelimited_0_1.tFileInputDelimited.main(tFileInputDelimited.java:1403)
The source is an xml file. Do I need to parse this file? 
This is the Talend Version I am using :
Talend Open Studio for Data Integration"
Version: 5.6.1
Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530
I need to understand what error is this and why is this coming and what can I do to resolve it.
2 REPLIES

Re: Java Exception Error

Hi,
You should use tFileInputDelimited to read .csv file instead of reading XML file.
So far, talend provides user with training. For more details, please have a look at: https://www.talend.com/services/training.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Java Exception Error

hi, you should use tFileInputXML