One Star

Java Error when adding Metadata file to repository

Hi,
Can you please help me with the below Java error and how to resolve it. this comes in Step 3 of 4, when trying to add a metadata file on repository
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: 
com.talend cannot be resolved to a type
com.talend.csv.CSVWriter cannot be resolved to a type
org.talend cannot be resolved to a type
org.talend cannot be resolved to a type
at projectname.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput_0_1.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.tFileInputDelimitedProcess(ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.java:678) at projectname.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput_0_1.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.runJobInTOS(ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.java:1141) at projectname.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput_0_1.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.main(ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput.java:1022)
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1308)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

Thanks,
Rajnish
9 REPLIES

Re: Java Error when adding Metadata file to repository

Hi Rajnish,
Did you set your java environment correctly? Wha's your OS and JDK version?
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms and Java environments?
In addition, what's your input? Could you please show us the screenshots of file delimited metadata setting(Step 3 of 4)? How did you set your field separator and row separator?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Details below
1. OS - Windows Vista
2. JDK Version - jre1.8.0_45
3. Image Uploaded

Hi,
Are you using Talend Studio 6.0? Talend can support for JDK 1.8 since Studio 6.0
How did you set step 2? Have you tried to set file encoding as "UTF-8" instead of "US-ASCII" to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
I tried the option as suggested. Please find the screen shot attached with error detail.

Thanks
Rajnish 
Seventeen Stars

hi,
did you change something in Talend ini file or config  , because 'strange' error about "javac & invalid flag ??
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi Laurent,
I haven't changed any config file but if you can let me know the configuration it should have, I can cross check.
Thanks,
Rajnish

Hi Rajnish,
Except for file delimited metadata creation, can you run your another job successfully in studio?
Would you mind re-installing your studio on your window vista to see if this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Seventeen Stars

as I can see in your screenshoot, it's a coma as a separator.
try & change semicolon to coma and try again.
but that didn't make sense to error javac Smiley Wink
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi Sabrina, Laurent
 I re-installed the Talend and things are finally working. 
Thanks for your help and guidance.
Thanks,
Rajnish