Java Error message

One Star

Java Error message

What import package are the error messages stored in for Talend?

Re: Java Error message

Hi, Kwags300
Before I have seen your another post http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27682, which is about the compile error. We suspect that something wrong with component's setting in your job but not the cause of import package. Would you mind uploading your component's setting screenshot to us in order that we can find out the issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

xdshi,
I have attached some pictures please let me know if there is more that i can do. I keep getting different errors i have attached some of them as well. thanks!
One Star

You have to set a Surrogate Key, the error about scd_end doesn't exist comes from the Type 2 versioning column either add a scd_start and scd_end to your dimension table or change the name to the existing one.
One Star

even if i add scd_end and scd_start to the element i still get the error. as far as a surrogate key do i absolutely have to add one?
One Star

i had forgot to add this pic as well
One Star

On my side I've been getting some weird error if a surrogate key haven't been defined. So I'd say yes.
The scd_end and scd_start must be in the database table of your dimension. if they're not there, alter the table MEDISPAN_... The start and end date are required if you use type 2 SCD.
One Star

i have tried adding scd_end and scd_start to my input and i still get the Invalid column name error. I have not recieved any surrogate errors.
One Star

You don't need them in the input actually Smiley Happy
The scd_start and scd_end have exist as column in the table on the database.
One Star

Ok i have changed things around so that scd_start and scd_end exist in the table on the database and now i am receiving this error.
One Star

Ok now i have it running through the scd and i am getting no updates. i get a parameter #26 has not been set read out.
Why can i not update the creation input field value for scd_start?
One Star

does anyone know about the
"Implicit conversion from data type datetime to numeric is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run" error code

Hi,
The error indicates the data type is not matched, it is trying to insert a datetime value into a numeric column, please check that:
1. The data type of this column is datetime in table.
2. The order of columns on the schema is the same as it is in table.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

does anyone know about the
"Implicit conversion from data type datetime to numeric is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run" error code

It sounds like this error message comes from your database (?) and suggest to use the CONVERT sql function to change the type of a field. Please find more information about CONVERT sql function on : http://www.w3schools.com/sql/func_convert.asp
Another way is to manage the data type thanks java, directly in the job design. Set the schema column with the expected type is not enough, you should ensure that the values of the data are in the same format. To more information about how to parse a date, please read: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=TalendDate+Routines&content-lang=en
HTH
One Star

ok i have it running now thanks
Now my new out put is not what i wanted it to be. If a row changed between the two files i need to make a end date on the old data and a new start date on the current data with an open ended end date. when i run it now it gives me the job start date and a null end date.