Jaspersoft report generation using Talend

One Star

Jaspersoft report generation using Talend

Hi all,
Just wondering if someone can give me a (simple) guide on how to produce a jasper report from Talend - relatively new to Jaspersoft but have a good understanding of Talend.
I've being trying this for days and I can't get anything to work.
* I've created a report in Jaspersoft called jasper_talend (all the necessary files have been created too). The chart that is produced is just based on a simple select statement from a postgresql database. The output of this file is ok.
* I've have then tried using both the tJasperOutput and the tJasperOutputExec, entering all the details as required but I'm not getting anywhere. When I use tJasperOutputExec I'm getting an error stating "Talend String cannot be resolved".
1. First off, is my understanding correct in assuming Talend can produce a Jaspersoft report/graph once the Jaspersoft files have been created?
2. Do I need to feed in information or will that information be kept in the Jasper files I've created at the beginning?
3. What inputs / outputs do I need to hook up to the jasper components in Talend to get this working?
Begging anyone for help on this as I'm beginning to get very frustrated.
thanks in advance.
One Star

Re: Jaspersoft report generation using Talend

Hi
1) Ya, talend can produce jaspersoft reports( i never tried fr graphs).
2) The information can be feeded to the jasper reports through talend for generating the reoprt.
3) Jasper report componets are there in Business_Intelligence / Jasper. All the other requied talend componets can be used for conecting to Jasper components.
Hope this clarifies your doubt
One Star

FACE,
Probably your best starting point is the examples in the Jaspersoft JasperReports project that you can download. You'll see demo/samples with lots of samples. After you run one of those using ant, then it should be much clearer how you can run the same thing in TOS. You have perhaps only been running the report in iReport so far. That's the perfect place for building the report. But because it does a number of things for you--like handle the database connection--it's not always clear how to then integrate the report into your app. The JR samples make that clearer.
Good luck,
Matt
One Star

i need help..i'm not a techy guy, n my boss is asking me 2 get my reportings automated..got jaspersoft installed, but i can't figure out how 2 fullly utilise its capabilities. currently my data source 4 reporting comes frm Lotusnotes in d form of .csv format files. however, those files usually require some adjustments made (columns sorting, data filterations, data grouping, etc..) b4 being able 2 appear as per my current reports. my question is...is it possible 4 jaspersoft 2 execute all those adjustments in automated mode?? any guidelines 4 me 2 based on..? really need help fast! TQ..