JasperSoft ETL 5.2.2 and Talend Open Studio 5.4.0

One Star

JasperSoft ETL 5.2.2 and Talend Open Studio 5.4.0

Hi,
Our company have a licensed version of JasperSoft ETL 5.2.2. I have downloaded Talend open Studio 5.4.0.
I am not able to see an option to connect the Jasper server through my Talend community edition (5.4.0). Is it feature restricted or is there a way to connect to it? Or is there client only tool available to work with the server?
I tried to import the project developed in Talend 5.3.1 in Jasper ETL 5.2.2, but got an error message that the code opened in latest version of studio cannot be opened in the earlier version
Please help.

Re: JasperSoft ETL 5.2.2 and Talend Open Studio 5.4.0

Hi,
Our company have a licensed version of JasperSoft ETL 5.2.2. I have downloaded Talend open Studio 5.4.0.
I am not able to see an option to connect the Jasper server through my Talend community edition (5.4.0). Is it feature restricted or is there a way to connect to it? Or is there client only tool available to work with the server?

There is no option to connect server in Talend Community Edition. You should use Talend Enterprise Subscription Version to connect the Jasper server.
I tried to import the project developed in Talend 5.3.1 in Jasper ETL 5.2.2, but got an error message that the code opened in latest version of studio cannot be opened in the earlier version

Actually, Talend forbid import of items from an upper version. That means you can import the project developed in Talend 5.3.1 into Talend Studio 5.4.0.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you. Where can I get / request for Talend Enterprise Subscription Version?
Will that incur extra cost? If so, how much?

Hi,
Thank you. Where can I get / request for Talend Enterprise Subscription Version?
Will that incur extra cost? If so, how much?

Yes, Talend Enterprise Subscription Version is for charge.
Please contact us http://www.talend.com/contact.
Send a email to sales@talend.com or call us directly, our colleagues from sale market department will assistant you.
Thanks for your time.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have created a big job in TOS 5.3.1. But later I got the license from my company for JasperETL 5.2.2.
The annoying thing is I have to re-create entire job in 5.2.2. I am not even able copy the components from TOS to JETL

Hi,
I have created a big job in TOS 5.3.1. But later I got the license from my company for JasperETL 5.2.2.
The annoying thing is I have to re-create entire job in 5.2.2. I am not even able copy the components from TOS to JETL

Try this solution:
1: Export your big job in TOS 5.3.1 as .zip. How to export Jobs.
2: Unzipped the job and paste 3 files; exportedjob.item, exportedjob.properties and exportedjob.screenshot into JasperETL 5.2.2 navigator(It is working with Talend Open Studio 5.2.2, however, there might be some issue when "Downgrade"as I said before Talend forbid import of items from an upper version ).
Let me know if it is working with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,

Try this solution:
2: Unzipped the job and paste 3 files; exportedjob.item, exportedjob.properties and exportedjob.screenshot into JasperETL 5.2.2 navigator(It is working with Talend Open Studio 5.2.2, however, there might be some issue when "Downgrade"as I said before Talend forbid import of items from an upper version ).
Best regards
Sabrina

Thanks a million. You saved my job Smiley Happy
I copy and pasted the code before but it didn't reflect in the UI. After seeing the screenshot, i enabled the navigator view and refreshed the contents.
VIOLA!!! It worked like a charm.

Hi,
It is a good news for us.
Actually you cannot directly edit the code generated for a Talend Job(you can edit the java code but not be saved in studio that is the reason for why it didn't reflect in the UI). Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Five Stars

Hi sabrina,
I have the same issue but now i cant export the job in zip format as TOS v 5.4.1 doesnt allow job to be exported in zip.
I want to import my job in JETL 5.0.2. Pls tell me how can i avoid the manual rework.
Thx & regards,
djugal
Seventeen Stars

Do I miss something here? Since when Talend Studio has an option to connect to Jasper Server?
There are some (unfortunately poor) components to work with JasperReport designs and thats it.
In Talend Exchange there are many components (also for the Open Studio) to work with the Jasper Server.
One Star

Hi,

Try this solution:
2: Unzipped the job and paste 3 files; exportedjob.item, exportedjob.properties and exportedjob.screenshot into JasperETL 5.2.2 navigator(It is working with Talend Open Studio 5.2.2, however, there might be some issue when "Downgrade"as I said  before Talend forbid import of items from an upper version ).
Best regards
Sabrina
55433/mini_121372_1.png

Thank you very much Sabrina you saved my job too.
I was in the same position but just copied the contents that you have mentioned from the exported file to Jaspersoft ETL and everything is working now.
One Star

What is the difference between JAsper ETL and Talend ETL. Can somebody please help clarify this Smiley Sad
1.)Does Jasper ETL provide TAC along with the bundle?
2.)On what basis do we choose which one to use in any project. In other words what is my selection criteria between Jasper ETL and Talend ETL?

Hi sahaana k,
Actually, We OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) our Data Integration product for jasper.
Talend Administration Center is only available in Talend Enterprise Subscription version.
Talend includes Data Integration, Bigdata, DataQuality, ESB and MDM solutions which will be helpful for your job requirment in serveral ways.
Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards
Sabrina
--