One Star

JasperETL multiple output tables

Hi!!
I have 2 input tables with the following columns:
1/ Downloads: customer email, product name, download date
2/ Purchase: customer email, product name, purchase date
After integration, I would like to see 2 tables:
1/ Days_to_purchase: customer email, product name, number of days to purchase (days_to_purchase)
2/ Count_days: product name, days_to_purchase <1, days_to_purchase<30
Is it possible to create table 2 with JasperETL? Can I use SQL queries to create this table? If yes, what function in JasperETL allows me to do this?
Thanks
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: JasperETL multiple output tables

Hello
You can use txxxRow component to execute a create sql to the table at the begining of job.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong!
Can you be more specific? the Count_days table should be generated based on Days_to_purchase table because it will count the number of customers who purchase product within 1 day or 1 month. Days_to_purchase will be generated during integration but Count_days will be generated after we have Days_to_purchase. Is it possible to do that with JasperETL?
Thanks
Community Manager

Hello
In fact, you can create the table if it does not exist on tMysqOutput before inserting records into table. For example:
do your integration---tMysqlOutput_1
|
onSubJobOk
|
tJava
|
RunIf
|
tFixedFlowInput or tMysqlInput(select product_name, days_to_purchase from Days_to_purchase) ---tMysqlOutput_2
on tMysqlOutput_1: create the table Days_to_purchase if it does not exists before inserting records into table
on tJava: use the global varSmiley Sad(Integer)globalMap.get("tMysqlOutput_1_NB_LINE_INSERTED")) to check if you have new inserted rows, for exampe:
if((Integer)globalMap.get("tMysqlOutput_1_NB_LINE_INSERTED") >1){
globalMap.put("weHaveDaysToPurchase",true);
}else{
globalMap.put("weHaveDaysToPurchase",false);
}

on runIf expression, set the condition as:
(Boolean)globalMap.get("weHaveDaysToPurchase")

On tMysqlOutput_2, create the table if it does not exist before inserting records into table for the first time, it based on your need.
Here I just gave you a hint, hope you understand what I mean!!!
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business