One Star

JasperETL - Send Parameter

Good afternoon.
I'm doing some testing within the ETL control.
One such test is to read a table in the database and send the resulting rows as a parameter to a file. "bat. "
The test I've done is:
1. Using the generator of rows to create a column of type string that returns 3 rows with me random text.
2. Connect the generator to a "tRunJob" which consists solely of the bat performance console that I made.
3. Running the "job" I see that clearly runs 3 times my process. "bat" without any parameters.
I tried to create a "Context Group" with a variable.
This variable I have tried to use within the generator of rows in the "tRunJob" and "tSystem" but I can not do that pass parameters correctly.
Could someone tell me what the series of steps to send "N"number of rows in a "tRowGenerator" as parameters to a console?
I hope you can help and thanks in advance.
Greetings.
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: JasperETL - Send Parameter

What I have done now is to make it simple.
1. Use the "tRowGenerator"to create a column called "FileName"that generates random strings 3 rows.
2. I think a "tSystem"pointing to my file ".bat"
3. both steps one through a link of type "iterate".
4. Within the parameters of "tSystem" I create a new parameter named "Parameter" with the following value: (String) globalMap.get ("tRowGenerator_FileName")
But the file is still running ".bat" without any string generated by the "tRowGenerator".
Can you help?
Community Manager

Hi
You are on the right road, the only problem is you don't know how to iterate each row generated by tRowGenerator. Your job looks like:
tRowGenerator---row1-->tFlowToIterate--iterate--->tSystem
"cmd /c D:/file/test/ff_0.1/ff/ff_run.bat --context=Default --context_param name="+row1.FileName

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks, works fine.