Jasper report class not found exception, while running a talend Job using tJasperOutput component from palette.

Highlighted
Six Stars

Jasper report class not found exception, while running a talend Job using tJasperOutput component from palette.

New to talend. I want to generate a report using tJasperOutput component. But i am getting a runtime exception as:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/jasperreports/engine/JRDataSource
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRDataSource

I have added all dependent JAR related to jasperreport. 

For verification purpose i have added a routine in same job and import above mentioned exception( net/sf/jasperreports/engine/JRDataSource), then it is coming there. but when i try to run this as a talend job , each time exception is coming. So please guide me how to avoid this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Jasper report class not found exception, while running a talend Job using tJasperOutput component from palette.

Hello Sabrina,

I resolved that issue using tLibraryload component.Thanks for your response again.

All Replies
Six Stars

Re: Jasper report class not found exception, while running a talend Job using tJasperOutput component from palette.

I have checked in modules(windows-->showview-->talend-->modules) also, all required jar already installed.So what will be the possible cause for above mentioned exception.

Any help will be handful for me to proceed further.

Hello,

Can you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I resolved that issue using tLibraryload component.Thanks for your response again.

Hello,

Great it is fixed. Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download