Four Stars

Japanese column names in source file

Hi, I'm using talend open studio DI 6.2 version. My job is simple, tfileinputdelimited-->tmap-->tfileoutputdelimited. The column names(10 columns) in  input .csv file is in japanese, i manually translated the column names form input .csv to english and executed the job. This is a daily job. All the column names in source will be in japanese. Whether there is another way to translate the japanese language column names to english language in an automated manner. I tried to add the japanese language column name in talend, but it is throwing a error. 

• Big Data
  • Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Re: Japanese column names in source file

Have a look at the following example which demonstrates how to use tLibraryLoad
https://www.talendbyexample.com/talend-tlibraryload-component-example.html

TRF
6 REPLIES
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Hi,

No, you have to translate by yourself to create a schema where field names are complient with Java namming rules.

Regards,

TRF

TRF
Ten Stars

Do the column names vary, or are they the same on every file?

Four Stars

Hi, the column names will be same in the text file(daily jobs).
If I'm going to do a Java code for translation, I need to implement Google translator API. So the jobs are going to be complex. Any link available for talend language translation?
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

I suggest you to keep the manual translation (for Java complience) and skip the 1st row for each file. I suppose the fields order is always the same for one file, so the cost for something more sophisticate sounds not required.

TRF
Four Stars

Hi,

As far as i see if i need to convert a japanese language(only header in csv file) to english i need to import a jar file for translating. And need to call the jar file in tjava which needs to be converted in offline.

So under which location the jar file needs to be copied in talend open studio. 

Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Have a look at the following example which demonstrates how to use tLibraryLoad
https://www.talendbyexample.com/talend-tlibraryload-component-example.html

TRF