One Star

JVM compatiability error with simple MS SQL Server to Redshift integra

I am getting the following error when trying to test a simple integration between MS SQL Server and Amazon RedShift: 
Execution failed : Job compile errors 
At least job "TestingJob" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 582
Detail Message: rowCounttRedshiftOutput_1 cannot be resolved to a variable
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
For the MS SQL server input I am just trying to test a single column integration, "select id from <table>"
On the RedShift Output item I am using "Drop and Create table" as the Action on Table.  
I am running Studio Version 6.3.1, and when I check Preferences --> Installed JREs, jre1.8.0_121 is installed, and this is the only version installed on the machine. 
Any ideas? I wasn't able to find much information on this error other than checking the installed JREs as I have mentioned here.  
11 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: JVM compatiability error with simple MS SQL Server to Redshift integra

in 99% cases - it wrong name of variables (often in tMap)
please attach pictures with settings of Your Job - source, tMap if have, target
-----------
One Star

This is the simplest job possible, I don't have any tMap as far as I know.  I am unable to upload the screen shots, I keep getting an "Error: Invalid format of the picture.  Or the server doesn't support processing of pictures".  (My file is under 2MB, .png)  

Hi,
Have you already successfully installed required external jar(mssql-jdbc.jar)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Have you already successfully installed required external jar(mssql-jdbc.jar)?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi, Yes I have both the SQL jar and the Amazon Redshift jar installed.  

Hello,
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.

Does this issue repro on V 6.3.1 all jobs or a specific job(MS SQL -->Redshift)? Are you using JRE 1.8 instead of JDK 1.8 in your computer?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,

Does this issue repro on V 6.3.1 all jobs or a specific job(MS SQL -->Redshift)? Are you using JRE 1.8 instead of JDK 1.8 in your computer?
Best regards
Sabrina

I am using V 6.3.1, and I  tried to create a simple job MS SQL --> Excel.  Same error occurs.  I am using JRE 1.8.  

Hi,
 Please use the JDK executables and not the JRE ones. You need to ensure that your JAVA_HOME and PATH variables are set properly. Also, make sure that the version of Java you want to use is at the beginning of the PATH variable.
Let us know if it is Ok with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
 Please use the JDK executables and not the JRE ones. You need to ensure that your JAVA_HOME and PATH variables are set properly. Also, make sure that the version of Java you want to use is at the beginning of the PATH variable.
Let us know if it is Ok with you.
Best regards
Sabrina

I updated Talend to use the JDK, JAVA_HOME and PATH are set properly.  With this the output to a flat file, such as Excel works.  It still doesn't work with Output to RedShift or PostGreSQL.  

Hi,
It still doesn't work with Output to RedShift or PostGreSQL.  

What's the error message you are getting? Is it still JVM compatiability issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
It still doesn't work with Output to RedShift or PostGreSQL.  

What's the error message you are getting? Is it still JVM compatiability issue?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi, yes - it is the same error.  

Hi,
Could you please try to re-install your studio V 6.3.1 to see if it works after you update Talend to use the JDK?
Feel free to let us know if it is Ok with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--