Five Stars

JSON files with Dynamic Schema

Hi All,

We have a requirement of loading JSON files periodically  load into a table(insert into the same table) in SQL Server database

The challenge with this is that the Schema/structure keeps changing from file to file

The dynamic datatype is unfortunately for JSON components

Is there a way to handle this via Talend?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: JSON files with Dynamic Schema

Looks like there was a problem in my understanding of the JSON file format. I resolved the issue by mapping all the attribute–value pairs and array data types to separate columns is a database table.

I then used the component tJsonNormalize (great component available on Talend Exchange. Many thanks to the Author!) to decipher the individual nodes into separate tables & link back to the master table

Regards,

5 REPLIES

Hi,

So far, dynamic schema is not available in tFileInputJson component.

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for the response

We receive a daily feed in the JSON file format. The requirement is to load data from these daily files everyday into a same landing table.

In the absence of “dynamic” datatype for Talend JSON components, we have to create a static schema(metadata) based on one of the JSON source files.   

As the number of attributes/values is not fixed this method is not suitable to load data from all files to the same database table

I have attached a couple of sample files for your reference

Please let me know if you need more information

Many Thanks

Five Stars

Looks like there was a problem in my understanding of the JSON file format. I resolved the issue by mapping all the attribute–value pairs and array data types to separate columns is a database table.

I then used the component tJsonNormalize (great component available on Talend Exchange. Many thanks to the Author!) to decipher the individual nodes into separate tables & link back to the master table

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution that the custom component tJsonNormalize.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi, 

As requested, I am attaching the Jobs 

1. First one loads the data to landing table ( attribute–value pairs and array data types ) - one to one mapping 

2. The second one deciphers(parses ) each array  into in separate tables splitting them into multiple rows

let me know if you need more information

Regards,