Six Stars

JAVA heap space error while saving the job

Hi Talend Community, I am trying to Save my Big Data batch job which eventually throwing the Java Heap space errorSmiley Frustratedave failed. 

I have tried altering the memory parameters but couldn't figure out what exactly the issue is.

I have 32 Gigs of RAM

environment: Talend RealTime 6.4.1

talend studio-win-x86_64.ini details:

-vm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Talend-Studio\jre1.8.0_131\bin\server\jvm.dll
-vmargs
-Xms2048m
-Xmx9127m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:+UseStringDeduplication

Java=1.8

error1.PNGerror2.PNG

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: JAVA heap space error while saving the job

Five Stars

I have allocated 9gigs of memory for my studio which is more than recommended. I am working on Big data batch jobs that runs on the yarn. I have tried increasing to 16 gigs but the problem still persists. i am not sure what's the issue is.

Hello,

You can open the Job to which you want to allocate more memory not for the whole studio.

In the Run view, open the Advanced Settings tab and select the Use specific JVM arguments box.

Allocate more memory to the active Job by double-clicking the default JVM arguments and editing them.

Let us know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Thanks for the reply i understand the above solution works if you see memory issues while running the job. In this case i am not evening running the job i just opened it and trying to save(this job has less than 30 components in it) and this is Big data batch job.

Hello,

Would you mind posting your Big data batch job design screenshot on forum? Which components are  you using in your big data batch job?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.